Consumer Complaint Form

Consumer Hotline: 1-800-392-5658 or 334-242-7335

Please fill out the form completely and describe your situation as accurately as possible.

All fields with an * are required.  Please print a copy of your submission prior to clicking "Submit"

Your Contact Information


Information Regarding the Business Complaint is Against

Please indicate the type of product or service.
I wish to file this complaint with your office.  I understand that your office does not conduct litigation for individuals in matters which involve purely private controversies.  I also understand that I may lose the right to file a lawsuit because of this matter due to the possible expiration of the statute of limitations, if I wait on action by the Attorney General’s office.  I am, however, filing this complaint to notify your office of the activities of this party and to seek any assistance you may be able to render. Click SUBMIT to file this complaint.  
Please complete all fields marked with an *
Please print a copy of your complaint prior to submitting your complaint!

The primary duty of the Attorney General is to serve as legal counsel to Alabama's state agencies, departments, and officers. Our office is prohibited by law from providing private citizens with legal advice, representation, or opinions (Code of Alabama, 1975, Title 35, Chapter 15). The Attorney General's Office does not handle any domestic cases (example: child support, child custody, divorce, etc.) or probate matters (real estate, wills, property disputes, etc.). In order to route your concerns regarding these matters to the proper agency/authority, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions page of this website. To obtain an attorney or legal aid referral, you may contact the Alabama State Bar Lawyer Referral Service at or by calling 1-800-392-5660