Alabama Telemarketing Act
The Alabama Telemarketing Act, beginning at section 8-19A-1 of the Code of Alabama, requires any organization, institution, or person who engages in commercial telephone solicitation to register annually with the Attorney General's Office. Both the failure to register and the falsification of information on an application are punishable as a class C felony. Ala Code § 8-19A-21(1994).
For more information, please contact Emily Nichols at 1-800-392-5658 or 334-353-1765.
Organizations may download the Registration Forms below. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view PDF files. This is a free program available from the Adobe website.
You may search our registered Commercial Telephone Sellers by clicking here.
Annual license fee for commercial telephone sales: $500.00
Annual license fee for each telephone salesperson: $50.00
1. Download and complete all required forms. Note: In order for our office to consider your registration you MUST submit registration fees and a surety bond with your applications.
2. For organizations submitting multiple Telephone Salesperson Applications, please download and complete the Spreadsheet for Telephone Salesperson Submissions (Excel). Please e-mail completed spreadsheet to ConsumerProtection@ago.state.al.us and include Telephone Salesperson Submission in the subject line. If you have any technical issues with the file, please contact our office at (334) 242-7474.
3. Please send* all completed forms and supporting documentation to the following address:
Office of the Alabama Attorney General
Attn: Telemarking Registration
Post Office Box 300152
Montgomery, Alabama 36130
* Completed applications and supporting documentation can be submitted electronically to ConsumerProtection@ago.state.al.us - please include Telephone Sales Application in the subject line. Please Note: The Surety Bond and all fees CANNOT be submitted electronically. They must be mailed to our office. Please make all checks/money orders payable to the Alabama Attorney General’s Office.
4. Once our Office receives all necessary information we will contact you with your license information. Note: Submission of applications and fees DOES NOT automatically register or renew your organization.
Download Registration Applications & Forms